Full Time Permanent position based in the UK. Industry: Medical, Education and Software
Our mission at Fry is to help save and improve people’s lives through technology. We love to create and grow products which truly make a difference to the lives of all our customers and society. Our products and platforms ensure that doctors, nurses and other health workers receive the training and support they need to save people’s lives. We are growing rapidly: over 50% of doctors in the UK are assessed using our products and we have rapidly grown in international markets such as Australia, Canada, Singapore and Ireland. This is your chance to join us and grow with us.
We are an unusual company and that can take some getting used to. Our people enjoy a very high-level of trust, autonomy, freedom and transparency. This is not lip service or HR-speak, it is the genuine article:
- You can work from home and/or at one of our offices (or set one up near where you live).
- You will not answer to any line manager but will work with colleagues as part of a team to get the job done.
- You will be free to choose your own laptop, monitor and other devices as you see fit.
- You will be free to choose whatever training you might need.
- You will be free from much of the corporate bureaucracy which just slows people and stops them giving their best and mastering their craft.
- All our finances are open-book: everyone in the company knows our income, outgoings, what we have in the bank and even everyone’s salary. We are working towards people setting their own salaries. We think people make the best decisions for themselves (and the company) when they have all the information available.
- We offer a generous salary, pension and participation in profit share.
Come and join us - we promise you won’t have worked for a company quite like it.
What is the role?
- Lead and manage onsite and remote workshops: technical onboarding, business operations, training, implementation and project delivery. You will be required to work with clients to take them from the initial engagement through onboarding to making them live successfully and transitioning to business as usual.
- Design, plan and deliver training packages. Each client has slightly different needs, and timeframes. You will be required to plan and deliver a training package that suits the particular client, in order to make them successful.
- Writing, updating and improving training and self help documentation and standard ways of working. As the products continue to be developed and grow, we need to constantly improve the product documentation and self help guides to enable our clients to feel confidence when using our products.
- Triaging, and responding to service desk requests. Everyone in the team has some responsibility around the service desk tickets that are submitted. You will be required to work through tickets with the team to ensure a high level of service to our customers when they raise support requests.
- Work with customers to understand their requirements and analyse the fit for our products. Our products have a high level of configuration due to the variety of customer needs that they support. You will be required to understand a clients requirements and how these can be translated into the functionality of a product. It may be that some requirements don’t fit, so you will need to analyse these to see if we can suggest ways to make it fit for the client by potentially changing some of their internal processes, for example.
- Establish gap analysis between requirements and our products/services. You will be required to manage expectations where there is a gap that can not be quickly filled. It may be that new functionality is required, but this will be on a roadmap and you will need to work with the client to make sure that they understand the current product capabilities, and what may be something they could use in the future.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders in high pressured environments, for example facilitating the delivery of high stakes exams. We work with a variety of stakeholders in different organisations where they have teams in place to implement our products. You will be required to work with management boards, as well as the team delivering the solution internally.
- Communicate user challenges and software updates across multiple teams including the engineering team for tracking resolution. The requirements that our clients have are continually evolving. You will be required to listen to clients and work out trends where we need to look at improvements to the products, or adding new functionality.
- Assist with Quality Assurance beta testing all product components and features. It is essential for us to carry out a high level of user testing against the requirements of new functionality. You will be required to assist with user testing throughout the build phase and pre-release of any new functionality to the system. This also ensures that you have full knowledge of all parts of the products.
Your skills and capabilities:
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently without direction and supervision
- Ability to train others in the use of systems
- Technically competent and a quick learner of new systems/products
- Teamwork and great interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills: excellent written skills and clarity
- Ability to create and manage implementation delivery timelines and plans
- Management expectations: internal and external
- Planning skill and attention to detail
- Analyse and understand client business process
- Understanding of business impact and consequences
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions and business needs
- Ability to understand customer high-level strategy/objects and to translate to our platform and service offering
- Experience in the educational technology sector
- Project Management experience and qualifications desirable
- At least five years experience in a similar role
- Experience with project management and service desk tools e.g. Atlassian Service Desk and Jira
If this sounds like it is right for you, contact (no agencies): email@example.com
Fry is an equal opportunities employer and we do no exclude people on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion, belief or sexual orientation